Friends &Cheeze-Old Post

More Friends and More Cheeze
I want to send you to claimslady3's blog. She works at WalMart and hates what is going on there. Evidently since old Sam died everything has been going downhill. I have been hearing a lot about unhappy WalMart workers. She has a husband and a grandchild that she watches and loves a whole lot. That is what we have in common. I love it when someone rants and does it well and you have to go read through her stuff to get the full appreciation of a Carolyn rant. I went to her Wednesday blog and her first paragraph had me rolling on the floor. I just can't wait to hear what comes out of her mouth next. She gets on her husband and he blogs so he comments on her comments about him and tells her he still loves her. Every day stuff people is what makes the world go round and this woman is keeping it rolling in high gear.
I had to laugh at the beautiful Cricket's blog. Mother of three, one older, two younger. She just started working so she is trying to get the new schedule down. Her husband is a trucker and they have a really happy family. She tells about her family and has done a great "Finding Your Voice", and You Oughta Know. They are in her highlighted posts. She lives in Michigan and has been getting the same storms I know several of you have gone through. She just recently went to the Ogemaw Hills bike Rally. Sounds like she partied down. A very thoughtful woman.
She had to take her vacuum apart and found some really big stuff in it that the teen sucked up. Most of us said at least he is doing something.
About once a month I have to turn my vac upside down and cut the long, red, hair off the brush. The first time it was acting up, I turned it over and could have sworn I sucked up a Pomeranian puppy.
I chased my son around with the broom one time (outside) because he was irritating me as only older teens can and my neighbors two acres away told me they heard me. Of course that was a one time deal (do you believe that?) so they were laughing. The older teen girl would get a shot of adrenaline sometimes and even start dinner and pick up. Must have been the drugs. (I know what you are thinking, her or me) We all go through our trials and tribulations though and most of us are fortunate to live to tell about it.
Ok you guys know I don't do much cheese but I promised this to Shannon a long time ago so here goes.
Here is Bernard Pivot's questionnaire--post from Shannon's blog.
01. What is your favorite word? I love words. I collect them so I don't have any favorites but I like...
hirsute-covered with hair, conurbation-a continuous network of urban communities, fealty-intense fidelity, paranomasia-a play on words, festinate-hasty, palaver-idle talk, just to name a few.
That is why I love thePickle so much. She is such a wordmonger.
02. What is your least favorite word? vagina
03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Art, in most forms. I especially love pottery, paintings, old architecture, and now psp
04. What turns you off? Stupidity and jealousy that make people do mean things to others
05. What is your favorite curse word? I can't pick just one. Yes, I like them all, but never use them around small children. I use "Well, Crap" a lot.
06. What sound or noise do you love? The ocean and the white noise of a fan at night, children laughing is a good one too
07. What sound or noise do you hate? Irritable, crabby, men
08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Potter, photography
09. What profession would you not like to do? Roto Rooter
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Admit one, or Surprise! You get to go back.
A couple of weird things about me that you probably don't know.
I like onion sandwiches. I started this when we were in Georgia and you could just get tons of sweet Vidalia Onions. Butter on each slice of bread, thin sliced onions, a little vinegar, and salt and pepper.
I can't stand shelf paper, I think it is a waste of money and you have to replace it. Putting it on is a bitch! You do not know how bad I hate this stuff. You should see me put on contact paper. At least that stays on awhile.
I have three or four pair of reading glasses all in different strengths because I refuse to go to the eye dr. Sometimes I have to put two pair on at once to read a map. That is really cute. MrP likes that a lot. Especially when someone drives up next to us and stares.
I have road rage. I have to remember when someone is in the car with me to be nice. Oklahoma drivers are the worst in the world. They are either driving 45 in the passing lane or driving 90 on the shoulder or your butt trying to get around you.
I smoke, I have quit 6 times in the last 10 years for 3 or 4 months at a time, but can't get past that 4th month. But hey, that is at least a year or so more I am going to live. Now I just buy a pack at a time so I smoke less than I ever have.
I have to congratulate D Deuce for quitting cold turkey. Way to go. Keep up the good work. He also had a really funny blog today. I tell you I am blessed with so many friends on 360, I marvel at the fact every day that you are becoming a part of my daily routine.
Tags: 360friends-tagged Edit Tags
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 05:23pm (CDT) Edit Delete
Next Post: Yardy and Donnak Previous Post: BBR and Rules of Yahoo
Comments(28 total) Post a Comment

Cricket
Offline
Awwwww shucks! Thanks for the mention Red! One thing though...I have four boys....I have another that is almost 16!!!! I dont blog about him too much..he gets upset when he see's he's been blogged about!!!! I love your blog! I'm off to read about all your honorable mentions!!! Hey my hair gets all tangled on the darn brush too!!!
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 06:32pm (EDT) Remove Comment

Yardy
Offline
I'd have to take a picture of you if I drove past and saw you with two sets of glasses on. LOL
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 05:34pm (CDT) Remove Comment

Shannon
Offline
Thanks for playing Red, you're a good sport! I hope you enjoyed it. I like blog cheese like that because it allows me to get to know everybody--get to know things that people don't really share about themselves! As for your blast response, I'm late because I don't have regular access to the internet, and I always have to go to the library to get it which is a pain in the ass! I hate my computer! I'm the only one on the planet who still uses windows '98 with which the internet is so not compatible! I know, I know... I need to get a new computer. Beggars can't be choosers, though. We got it for free from my husband's grandfather.
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 04:37pm (MDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
Oh my gosh Cricket! I don't know how you survive. Talk to me ten years from now. I can't wait. Hope you are still blogging.Well, you would Yardy. You might as well make a chain and hang that camera around your neck. lolYou're welcome Shannon. I just gave my 98 to oggie not long ago. She can't get it to work now but I had that for about 10 years and put all kinds of stuff on it. I really liked it. Good to see you back. I will catch up with you in the am.
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 05:43pm (CDT) Remove Comment
[dele…
YOU BETTER QUIT SMOKING OR I'M COMIN OUT THERE! Bad girl.And I had to laugh at #2, cuz I would have chosen 'hymen'.
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 03:49pm (PDT) Remove Comment

Cricket
Offline
#2 and #9 are pretty funny!!!! You? road rage? I do to...I am a very impatient driver!
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 07:13pm (EDT) Remove Comment

Deuce…
Offline
Oh, you're a riot...Admit One. In keeping with my theme for the day, Admit Another!
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 06:21pm (CDT) Remove Comment

Bonnie
Offline IM
Well at least you have tried to quit smoking and made it to 3 months. Most people cannot make it past a week. There is still luck for you in the future. ha ha- I had no idea D Deuce had quit, nor did I know he smoked. Good for him- that's a tough thing to do! My husband tells me in South Carolina that got the crazy truckers out there that honk at you if your not doing 90- they try to run ya off the road. While here in Michigan everyone is so impatient. I hear Hawaaii is really laid back and easy. But what r u gonna do! hehe. My father in law eats those onion sandwhiches all the time. The Georgia sweet. He could eat a whole sack of them if he wanted. I never seen someone eat so many onions. ah ha ha- take care~
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 07:37pm (EDT) Remove Comment

Shannon
Offline
That reminds me: I forgot about #2, "vagina"! lol! It's funny that you listed that as your least fav word because a friend of my friend Sheila listed it as his favorite word! Of course, that would be a man's favorite--go figure!
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 05:38pm (MDT) Remove Comment

hyiidra
Offline
if I tried to quit smoking right now......... people will die.....I must smoke, for the good of my family.....
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 05:16pm (PDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
Well, D I hope you are right behind me. LMAO!Bon, lets move to Hawaii! I have a friend there.That's too funny ShannonI know hyiidra, at that fourth month I start wringing my hands and MrP asks me to please smoke. lol
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 07:46pm (CDT) Remove Comment

Jus' …
Offline IM
vacuuming up a pomeranian! ROF!
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 05:49pm (PDT) Remove Comment

™Miss…
Offline
I quit it's been 5 mins since my last one...think I can go another 5 without having another LoLI'll have an onion sarnie with you but with cheese....mmmm cheese n onion nice!
Friday July 21, 2006 - 11:58am (EST) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
LMAO Missy! That's the way I feel most times. I love cheese too, with the onion. I think it is my favorite cellulite maker. LOL
Thursday July 20, 2006 - 10:41pm (CDT) Remove Comment

TinyT…
Offline
OKay...I think Tulsa drivers are trained to drive bad, because of the narrow friggin roads! Along Riverside is the worst!Now I'm off to Claimslady3 - I love to gripe about Wal*Mart!
Friday July 21, 2006 - 07:02am (CDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
Well, all the roads are clogged now because the people running Tulsa never have the foresite to build the roads to keep up with the volume of traffic. I am just ashamed of our medians the way they let them grow up and the city streets. Someone is getting rich off all those taxes.
Friday July 21, 2006 - 08:03am (CDT) Remove Comment
Danstar
Offline
Reading your blogs makes me think of Seinfeld! You must be the Seinfeld of 360, Red. haha Love it!!! hugs gf and have a great weekend:)
Friday July 21, 2006 - 09:17am (EDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
I guess that is a compliment? LOL, Thanks Sheila, you too.
Friday July 21, 2006 - 08:26am (CDT) Remove Comment

Šlím™
Offline
Irritable crabby men make noise? Oh yeah...they do huh. I forgot. That ought to tell ya something.And I just can't believe "you" with road rage. **tisk tisk**
Friday July 21, 2006 - 09:22am (CDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
LMAO@tisk tisk I would be good if I drove with you Slim. Yeah, that does tell me something. I can always send MrP to you for awhile. I'll pay the postage on that too. haha
Friday July 21, 2006 - 09:26am (CDT) Remove Comment

Black…
Offline
We used to have 3 long haired people in the family so I was always finding poms under my vacuum.
Friday July 21, 2006 - 10:32am (CDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
It's kind of disgusting isn't it?
Friday July 21, 2006 - 11:02am (CDT) Remove Comment

hyiidra
Offline
ohhhhhhhhhhhh cheese and onion and fresh tomato on toast with salt and pepper....... yummmmmmmmmm.
Friday July 21, 2006 - 09:08am (PDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
Oh, I have to have one today.
Friday July 21, 2006 - 11:14am (CDT) Remove Comment

Ethan…
Offline IM
Red.. thanks for the advertisment.. some good people have came to visit and I visited their pages also..
Friday July 21, 2006 - 10:11pm (CDT) Remove Comment
red74…
Offline
Well, you're the greatest!
Friday July 21, 2006 - 10:31pm (CDT) Remove Comment

Šlím™
Offline
LOL....pass. Besides I don't think he'd survive the house with our females.
Saturday July 22, 2006 - 06:04am (CDT) Remove Comment

cole
Offline
i keep trying to quit smoking too...so far no go...i have some hypnoisis cds if you want them..they didn't work for me but u are welcome to them lol
Sunday July 23, 2006 - 12:15am (CDT) Remove Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Puye Indian Ruins

Smash Journals

ARRRGGG Kind Of Morning