Airbrushing On One Layer










Save this to MyPSP-textures folder.

I did this ending image in PSP X, and used the airbrush tool.  In X it is located in the same place your paintbrush tool is located.  !0th tool down on the left column of icons.  There is an arrow with a fly-out for your other tool.
Bring up the picture you want to use on your image.  Any will do.  I like the way a floral tube works for this because you can turn it any way and it won't be upside down. 
Click on file-new- and bring up your 1200 X 760(or 1280 by whatever height you want it.  This size is very large and can be used as a fixed background image on your multiply site. 1280 is the largest screen resolution and will be seen as a whole image across by anyone using a larger screen resolution) white image or whatever solid background color goes with the picture you have chosen. Raster image, in pixels-8bit.   You can also use a smaller image and tile it for a background but if you start out large it is easier to work with. 
Go to your images and pull up, double click, or find it in your browser, your folders at the bottom of your workspace, the image that you want to put in your workspace that you want to use in foreground properties to spray on your image.
I used the texture above to use in spaces I didn't want my picture in or in bland areas to make it more interesting.  Or you can even spray it over areas of your picture.  You can use .bmp or .jpgs in your textures. So if you want to grab the one above that is what I used here. It is called fractures.  It is one of my favorites.  Put it in your textures folder. 
Open your foreground materials property box, the top one, and check texture over at the right and find the fracture texture that you have saved in your My PSP-textures.  In psp x there is a drop down box for your textures so you can find a texture and underneath you can change the angle and size.
While you are in materials foreground properties, choose *pattern* and find your picture you want to use that you brought up in the workspace earlier. Scale it to the largest size.  You can also change the angle if you desire. 
Go to your blank image, using your airbrush, and spray on your pattern at a low opacity, I used 16, going back to your pattern box and changing your angle and size to get your pattern where you want.  I also like a misty quality sometimes and use my hardness at a low setting also, around 40 or less unless I want something to really pop(this is located in the toolbar above your workspace).  Lowering your density makes your painting look less solid.  Just playing with the settings gives you tons of different looks.
Go to foreground properties and click on your color tab and pick a color to spray in areas you think look too stark. I used a lavender, leaving your texture still checked and fill the areas with your spray painter.
Go to effects, image effects, seamless tile and make your picture seamless. You can do this at the end if you prefer.
revised1
Go back to properties choose pattern again, un check texture and spray your pattern on where you want it to pop. If you have gone off the page you may want to wait and do your seamless tiling here. That's it. Much easier and much quicker. I didn't use any layers.
revised2
Here's the same picture starting with a black canvas.
Image7
I used this technique when making backgrounds for 360 because there was a limit on upload size.  It really cuts down on size of image to have less layers.
Red
This tut is copyrighted to the tut owner, it would be nice if you want to use it to ask permission, just a thought.

Popular posts from this blog

Puye Indian Ruins

Smash Journals

ARRRGGG Kind Of Morning