The Cat Lady

SAN MATEO, CA - NOVEMBER 17:  Rachel Anger jud...Image by Getty Images via Daylife Following the ATT fiasco, I went to get my mother to take her to her standing appt. at the chiropractor, which is more of a social thing for her evidently because I learned to my chagrin that she had taken "The Cat Lady" aka, my sister who will henceforth be known as cl to said very same doctor the day before.

Why did she not get checked at that time? I don't know. Because she loves me of course and likes our time together.

So I will tell you now about the cl. She falls a lot. We are a Klutzy family but she has been falling more than usual lately. She was at a friend of a friends with that friend and going down the stairs. She said she was being really careful but that last step just reached out and grabbed her and threw her on the floor, twisting her ankle.

Someone should tell the cl that not only should she not drink and drive, she should not drink and walk.

I don't know how she got home but once there was in great pain, leading my 82 year old mother to climb a steep set of stairs and dig out her walker for this drunken falling 51 year old woman. Then the 82 year old woman fixed the cl dinner and took her to the doctor the next day.

The cl moved across the street from mom saying she could check on her and take care of her. Her idea of taking care of her and checking her is if the drapes are open, mom is ok and if the drapes are closed, mom has gone to bed.

The Cat Lady is not a polyester panted liberal woman screaming "I am Woman Hear Me Roar". She is a polyester panted woman that made poor choices in men, 3 to be exact who drank and drained her of her savings and or stole from her or took drugs. Instead of picking a different kind of man, she decided she hated men. It is sufficiant for me to say if the only requirements she had were a great body and good dancer, (her words-I asked) she was bound to have problems in this area.

She has one or two friends and people who she calls friends that avoid her at work. It is sad. I love her because she is my sister but I don't like her modus operandi very much. She has no spouse or children and no one to think of but herself, so she doesn't. Think of anyone else. She never kept my daughter growing up or even saw us except to give us Christmas and birthday gifts. If she had children I would be over there playing with them all the time. She said we just lived so far away, it was too hard on her since she had to be in bed by nine pm. She works so it impossible for her to do anything else for anyone else.

She has lost all vestiges of a human being. She chews with her mouth open. She takes 20 minutes to put condiments on her food. She slathers so much stuff on a sandwich that she has it all over her hands and face. She wears t-shirts with the armholes cut out and her sports bra showing. This to me is a no no when you are 51 years old and very overweight. She wears high water sweat pants with the bottoms cut off and her socks showing. She wears clothes with paint, and stains all over them to the doctor and shopping. She thinks this is ok as long as they are clean. What on earth happened to this woman?

She lives in cat hair. She has 4 or 5 cats. I lose count now. Her house is filthy, She has no furniture but the chair she sits in. (I guess this is a clue that she doesn't want company?) The rest of the room is lined with garage sale items and cat toys and dangly things for cats and big tall fifty dollar towers for all the kitties. I loved my animals when I had them but my house was not a catatarium. She has had five couches I think but had each one for a month or two and sold it in a garage sale because they didn't fit her. I think after about the second one I could figure out what kind of couch fit me.

There is actually a path right through the middle with cats winding around your ankles with the look in their eyes of "help!" get me out of here. She runs out at a moments notice and decides saturday morning at 9am that she is going to have a garage sale. So she leaves stuff stacked up in the living room. I told mother if a cat ever died in there she wouldn't find it until it started stinkin'.

The kitchen has stuff piled everywhere and usually dirty dishes in the sink. Cat food is in broken and unbroken bowls on the stove, falling off onto the floor. This along with her coffee maker.

A 4 foot by 2 foot storage box without a lid is in an open low cabinet INTHEKITCHEN and used for the litter box which is emptied out once a week (remember 5 cats) whether it needs it or not. LOL... EWWWWWW!

She moves her furniture around about every six weeks but doesn't clean anything. She has plants in cages so her cats don't use them for potty, or eat them. if it is that bad, I think you need to get rid of either one or the other.

She is a walking disaster area. She always looks nice when she goes to work but that is the only time I ever see her look human. This is just the weirdest thing I have ever seen. She doesn't interact with family hardly at all unless she goes over to eat at mom's when mom has cooked something she wants to eat.

She hightails it over there if she is home and sees me pull up and thinks I have gone to get fast food. She thinks since "She Takes Care Of Mom", we should bring her food when we bring mom food.

She has gone over to oggies to give her things. Like socks that didn't fit her and the package has been opened but she just saves them and gives them to someone because she hates to take things back to the store. She goes to WalMart once or twice a week but will not return things.

Even when she is desperate for money. She pays her bills for the week and if there is any money left over she goes and spends it on junk. She has worked for an Airline for 16 or 17 years and doesn't have a dime saved and nothing but her house to show for it.

She mows mom's yard and mom pays her 30 dollars to do it which the cl turns around and gives to someone to mow her yard. Well, she hasn't done that this year because she "desperately needs the money". So she mows but she never does any weed eating. She has weeds thigh high all around her front porch. She has had two weedeaters and three lawn mowers and can never get any of them to work. Or they are too hard to push. Mother went and bought a third weedeater and took it over (bought it for herself) for the cl to use. Cl hasn't used it and never took it back. I told mom she better get it back or it would end up in a garage sale.

And Freya, you are not the cat lady, you have cats, but that alone does not make a person a cat lady. I ask again what is wrong with this woman? I just will never understand her.
Tags: cat-lady | Edit Tags

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 09:24pm (CDT) Edit | Delete

Previous Post: ATT/SBC-You Make Me Mad

Comments
(24 total) Post a Comment

* Yardy
* Offline

All I can say here is, "Damn!"

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 09:42pm (CDT) Remove Comment

* Anita
* Offline

Wow, I'm not sure what to say. She needs help.

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 10:50pm (EDT) Remove Comment

* hyiidra
* Offline

has she ever considered anti-depressants? Or maybe a hammer and weight watchers?
Uneeta hit her and wake her ass up!

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 07:55pm (PDT) Remove Comment

* Black…
* Offline

hmmmmm

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 10:05pm (CDT) Remove Comment

* †Cath…
* Offline

I'm with everyone else. (Glad you're home, I need some exercise running from the skeelut.)

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 10:30pm (CDT) Remove Comment

* Deuce…
* Offline

Siblings- can’t live with em, can’t shoot em! All you can do is to make sure they don’t see the family reunion letter!

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 10:34pm (CDT) Remove Comment

* ™Miss…
* Offline

I thought you was talking about my mother "She wears clothes with paint, and stains all over them to the doctor and shopping." and "She has one or two friends and people who she calls friends that avoid her at work"

Gawd knows what my mothers house is like now seeing as my Dad did all the cleaning (my dad has parkinsons)and my mother has Corgi's they are bad shedders, I cleaned her computer mouse once...her mouse had fur balls :-\

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 01:37pm (EST) Remove Comment

* cole
* Offline

this reminds me a little of my brother and sis in law (we all have our family problems)...this is the second time i've had to keep their children as child protective services says their house is not fit for children to live in...yes it is that filthy...the last time i had the kids for 5 days while they cleaned and got approved for the kids to come home...and my sis in law doesn't work...what does she do all day? My brother finally put his foot down and said he'd had enough...we'll see what happens

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 01:16am (CDT) Remove Comment

* [dele…

OMG! thats all I can say.

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 12:49am (PDT) Remove Comment

* ~CYN~
* Offline

OMG too ! Half the town I live in dress like your sis and MY Cat Lady lives next door and yes I have seen her in those outfits too . I also agree with Cole ... We ALL have our family problems!

:-)

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 07:21am (EDT) Remove Comment

* † Fr…
* Offline IM

LOL As soon as my daughter runs off to college I will be more like her than you think lol. Sad. (I am typing this with a cat perched on my chest trying to *Kiss* the hell out of my chin LMAO) She sounds like she has given up on people. Or she is like me and really has no need for the common compnionship of people. LOL Lucky I at least blog huh? *Hugs* and have a great day!!!

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 06:54am (MDT) Remove Comment

* † Fr…
* Offline IM

Of course..once I was known as the "Skunk woman of Orne"...but that is another story altogether.....

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 06:55am (MDT) Remove Comment

* red74…
* Offline

Yes, Yardy, and Anita, I think you are right she does need help. But when you try to help her with a budget or just give her some suggestions or discuss anything but the weather she is so wrathful, you can't talk to her. And it really makes me mad because sometimes she is very hateful to mom.
LOL, blondii, I think I like your idea best. A hammer! She won't take anti-depressants. She takes health food store pills that aren't regulated nor is it known what they do to you. Has spent way more money on health drugs than she would have to go just get a simple scrip.
lol frog, I could use some exercise myself Cathy.
LMAO D, if there was one mom wants to have all this stuff at her house and she is right across the street, so that will never work. We would all have to park around the block.
Oh Missy...Ick, ick, ick! I have never heard of Corgis, but my grandfather had parkinsons.
cole I really hate to hear that! That is so sad for the kids. My daughter has a friend that that the guy works 60 to 80 hours a week, does the laundry, kids, food, helps his friends for free all the time. Knows a little about everything and his wife is home all day doing drugs and sleeping and watching tv. But he won't change the situation because he loves her.
lol@Ken
CYN? A whole town? Oh my gosh! What I don't understand is we were brought up the same.
No there is a need for companionship Freya. She has one good friend. The woman is quite a bit older. I don't know what will happen to cl if anything happens to the one friend.

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 08:01am (CDT) Remove Comment

* ...
* Offline

Whew - from a writing perspective, I love how you nailed so many details of what CL is like - I could really "see" her in my mind's eye. What a character. From a life perspective, I am sorry about CL. She sounds like a pain - in more ways that one. It's really sad what people choose to become - or how the accumulation of their bad choices make them. She's only 51? She sounds like she should be in her 80s. Sad, sad, sad. It's been awhile since I have visited here! It was good to catch up... I got your # - thank you - and I really will call before I go, although we may not be able to visit in person. Have a good Sunday, Red.

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 07:52am (MDT) Remove Comment

* Y! 36…
* Offline

really sad

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 04:00pm (CEST) Remove Comment

* [dele…

Glad you're back, Red, missed you! Your post about cl reminds me of the show on Animal Planet (title escapes me) where they rescue animals from owners labeled "collectors" they'll have filthy houses filled to the brim with junk and poorly cared for animals, apparently there's a lot of folks like this! I'm like you though, wth is up with living like this?

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 08:08am (PDT) Remove Comment

* …
* Offline

First of all, I have to tell you that I see some of the things you say on here in some of my own family members. My brother and his wife live like absolute pigs. I won't go to their house. My mother was no housekeeper either and I grew up in a place like that, it caused me untold self-esteem issues as a kid. Thank GOD I have been able to provide a clean and healthy home for myself.

All that being said...when it comes down to the WHY...why does someone let their life go to hell like that? It's because they can't cope. She stopped trying. It sounds like your sister needs help. The sad part is, only she can help herself. You can't help her any more than I can help my brother.

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 10:18am (PDT) Remove Comment

* Rizzo
* Offline

I understand you completely...... so a big hug for you...:-)

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 05:18pm (EDT) Remove Comment

* Angel…
* Offline IM

Wow! It is too sad to even be funny........ I know people with some of these characteristic and personality traits....some are family. I think Kat is right about not coping and giving up. It is easier for her to say she has been screwed over by men and life and to blame it on anything other than herself......... Sad. I have some difficulties with my sister and some choices that she is currently making that affect the rest of her life and the remainder of her children's childhood. I've made my point clear. Deuce is right. Can't live with and can't shoot em. I just haven't gone home again and don't know when I will.

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 05:42pm (CDT) Remove Comment

* red74…
* Offline

Karin, exactly! She acts like she is in her 80's. It was like she turned 50 and realized she wasn't a kid any more. Up until that time she acted like she was in her 20's. I think the combination of drinking and menopause are dragging her down.
Yes it is ms
Thanks Cookie, fortunately her cats are treated better than most people. But you can imagine the hair with that many cats. When the light comes through the window you can see it floating in the air.
That is one thing I don't understand about her, we were brought up in the same house. My mother was very clean. She isn't so much any more but she is 82. She has piles but is basically clean. And you are right, she will have to help herself and I don't think she will, ever.
Thanks Rizzo, you must have a slacker in the family too. lol
You're right Angela, it is sad but we have to laugh sometimes. She is just the most eccentric person. At least she doesn't have children. That is just a terrible situation.

Sunday August 20, 2006 - 07:21pm (CDT) Remove Comment

* angle
* Offline

whoa! where is batman when we need him? :)

Monday August 21, 2006 - 10:41pm (EDT) Remove Comment

* Butte…
* Offline

Yep I think Yards hit the nail on the head damn!

Tuesday August 22, 2006 - 12:00pm (EDT) Remove Comment

* Lori
* Offline

It is sad that she let her life get to this point and sad that there is no way to help her until she decides she doesn't like exisisting (I hesitated to say living) like that. Very well written though.

Tuesday August 22, 2006 - 02:26pm (MDT) Remove Comment

* Shannon
* Offline

CL sounds sad. I'm kind of at a loss for words...Did self-respect and dignity just sort of go by the wayside with her, or what? She's got to know that the way she lives, exists rater, and carries herself isn't right! BTW, wearing stained clothes with the arms cut out and a sports bra showing underneath is NEVER an attractive look--at any age. Sorry, I'm not trying to talk smack here, but c'mon. Are you sure you two are really related because she sounds nothing like you? CL, CL...shame, shame, shame! Oh, and I HATE cats! I'm so a DOG person. Cats are just like bitchy women with PMS, 24/7/365!


Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular posts from this blog

Puye Indian Ruins

Smash Journals

ARRRGGG Kind Of Morning